Why Summer Is the Best Time to Improve Employee Health
Summer is an opportune time for employers to encourage wellness activities to their employees, both onsite and remote. Warmer temperatures make outdoor activities readily available, and it’s the perfect time to reap the benefits. Take a look at our list and see what you can do to encourage your employees to improve their health and wellness this summer!
- Encourage them to rest and recharge by encouraging them to take vacation days
- Put your walking meetings into action
- Sign a team up for a corporate 5K, and host a couch-to-5K training campaign
- Host a wellness challenge to encourage consumption of fresh, seasonable fruits and vegetables
- Plan a summer corporate picnic or activity to solidify unity
It’s also good to remember that long days can allow for outside workouts both before and after work. Try encouraging employees to reap the psycho-social benefits of the great outdoors by leaving technology at home and trying an outdoor workout using just a picnic bench! You can even add family to company gatherings to encourage whole family wellness.
How do you or your employees take advantage of wellness in the summer? Comment below!