What Does a Wellness Company’s Wellness Program Look Like?
Ever wondered what a wellness company does to promote health and wellbeing among its own employee population? Right from the start, we’ve always had our own internal wellness program. Not only do we truly believe in our line of work and feel strongly that healthy employees are happy employees—we also know that we can make better recommendations to our clients if we are walking the walk ourselves.
At the beginning of every year, we always take a look at what activities we think will best match our company culture. Here are just a few of the highlights from our 2018 programming:
- 18,213,435 total steps by our team during our Step Back In Time challenge! We have a whole library of original wellness challenges that we run for our clients, and we love to do them internally too.
- First ever WCS Field Day, including outdoor games and competition with other companies in the D.C. metro area.
- Expanded champion team that provided an ongoing brain trust and boosted communication throughout the year. Our champions even learned from champions at other companies on our Champion Hub!
- Healthy snacks on-site for headquarters employees and healthy snack distribution to remote employees.
- Take Time Tuesday weekly fitness breaks led by members of our own team.
- Executive-led all-company walk that got everyone moving outside—including an open invitation for remote employees to participate in their own locations.
- …and we incorporated wellness programming into every day of our annual All-Company December meeting, including on-site reiki, on-site massages, a yoga class, a lunch-and-learn about essential oils, a meditation break, and healthier holiday menus.
Finally, it’s been a longstanding part of our culture to recognize WCS employees who exemplify our “Live Well” core value. We presented the Live Well award this year to Program Manager Danielle Teel and Senior Manager of Talent Acquisition Ashley Silbert. In addition to their active lifestyles and wide range of healthy habits, they truly inspire the rest of our team and have helped us build a culture of health from the inside out. In fact, Danielle is actually also the leader of our internal wellness program!
Want to learn more about how we can engage your employees through wellness programming? Get in touch today!